Black Moon Harvest Look Tutorial
Hey friends, happy Sunday! I wanted to share my Black Moon Harvest Look Tutorial with you. I’ve been craving Fall, so I put together this fun look focusing on orange. I don’t often wear orange so I was trying to figure out how to make it look pretty on my eyes.
Black Moon Harvest Look
I am missing my lash lifts like crazy. My lashes will NOT hold a curl for me, no matter what I do. My lashes are long but you couldn’t tell that due to how my hooded eyes seem to hide them.
Black Moon Harvest Look Tutorial
- I primed my eyes with Urban Decay Sin Primer and set it with Cozzette C1 Powder.
- With a fluffy brush I applied Sugarpill Side Eye as a transition and crease shade, as well as along the lower lid and outer corner of the lid.
- I applied Sugarpill Elevate to the inner lid and Sugarpill Retrograde to the middle lid and did the same thing on the lower lid.
- I layered Sigma Belle of the Ball at the inner lid.
- With a damp brush I applied Sigma Shakespeare to the outer lid and outer lower lash line.
- Using another damp brush I applied Black Moon Harvest to the middle of the lid and lower lid.
- I used a tiny fluffy brush to deepen the outer corner with Black Moon Black.
- With a liner brush, I applied Danessa Myricks Blackout as liner to the upper lash line and winged it out, as well as at the outer lower lash line.
- Then I used an angled brush to apply Black Moon Black on top of Danessa Myricks Blackout to slightly smoke the liner.
- I used a bit of Cozzette C1 Powder to blend out the edges of Sugarpill Side Eye & lined the lower waterline with LA Girl Super Bright pencil.
- Finally, with a tiny brush, I applied a bit of Milani Strobe Light Liquid in After Glow under the brows to highlight.
- I finished my lashes with Eyeko Lash Alert Mascara.
To Create My Face
- I applied Milani Green Goddess Face Primer and let that sink in for about 5 minutes.
- With my Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush, I buffed the Milani Foundation Stick in Porcelain into my skin.
- Using the Sigma F03 Brush, I blended Milani Strobe Light Liquid in After Glow in a C shape around my eye and dusted a bit on the tip of my nose and at the center of my forehead.
- I used a small blush brush to apply Milani Rosa Romantica to sculpt my cheeks.
- I used a tiny bit of Cozzette C1 Powder to set under my eyes.
Milani Cosmetics makes my cruelty-free favorite drugstore face primer, favorite drugstore foundation, favorite drugstore blush, and favorite drugstore liquid highlighter. In fact, Milani Strobe Light Liquid in After Glow is the best liquid highlighter I’ve ever found for my fair skin tone. It’s gorgeous!
To Create My Lips
- I outlined my lips and filled them in with Melt Santeria pencil.
- I applied a thin layer of Melt Cherried lipstick to my lips.
- Using my ring finger, I dabbed a bit of Melt Mary Jane at the center of my lips.
Melt Cosmetics currently makes my favorite lip pencils. They make almost every essential color in my collection. I also adore my bullet lipsticks from them, especially Cherried and Mary Jane. They’re a great combo. I love the multidimensional finish of Mary Jane and Mota.
Products Used for the Tutorial
Urban Decay Sin Primer
Sigma Cor-De-Rosa (Belle of the Ball, Shakespeare)(indie)
Sugarpill C2 (Side Eye, Elevate, Retrograde)(indie, Leaping Bunny Certified)
Black Moon Full Moon (Harvest, Black)(indie, Leaping Bunny Certified)
Cozzette C1 Powder – to blend out edges (indie)
Danessa Myricks Blackout – liner (indie)
LA Girl Super Bright pencil – lower waterline
Eyeko Lash Alert Mascara
*Urban Decay Blackout Brow Blade
Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill Black Brow Gel
Milani Strobe Light Liquid in After Glow (drugstore, Leaping Bunny Certified)
Milani Green Goddess Primer (drugstore, Leaping Bunny Certified)
Milani Porcelain Foundation Stick (drugstore, Leaping Bunny Certified)
*Milani Strobe Light Liquid in After Glow (drugstore, Leaping Bunny Certified)
Milani Rosa Romantica Blush (drugstore, Leaping Bunny Certified)
Cozzette C1 Powder – to set under eyes (indie)
*denotes PR sample
I’ve been so impressed with everything I’ve tried from Milani over the past year or two. I’m so glad they FINALLY understood how to make a fair foundation to match a skin tone like mine. I had just about given up on that ever happening after I kept buying their ‘lightest shade’ which was still dreadfully orange.
I love the way that Milani Strobe Light Liquid in After Glow blends seamlessly into my skin. If only it came in an ethereal blue-violet and incandescent green.
What do you think of the Black Moon Harvest Look Tutorial that I put together? Do you like peach, orange, red and black mixed to create a Fall inspired look? What shades are you wearing right now?