Glowy Primers and Tinted Moisturizers
Hey friends, today I wanted to talk a little about Glowy Primers and Tinted Moisturizers. I personally love to get my glow on and have glowy skin. As someone with dry skin, I crave what I don’t have, a glow! Glowy primers and tinted moisturizers often help me achieve that coveted glow. Because I’ve got a very fair skin tone, many glow products are too deep for me, but the ones featured here work well.
Indoors Under Artificial Light
Outdoors in Indirect Sun
Direct Sun Swatches
Indirect Sun Indoors
Glowy Primers and Tinted Moisturizers Featured
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 in Ivory (for extra pale skin with a pink undertone)(v)(PETA)
- Tarte Maracuja Tinted Moisturizer in 10N (fair skin with neutral undertone)(v)(PETA)
- *Milani Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer in Nude Glow (light champagne beige glow)(v)(LB)
- *CoverGirl Clean Fresh Skin Milk Foundation in Porcelain (fair leaning cool pink)(v)(LB)
- *CoverGirl Clean Fresh Skin Milk Foundation in Fair (fair leaning neutral golden)(v)(LB)
- Nyx High Glass Face Primer in MoonBeam (light champagne beige)(PETA)
- Danessa Myricks Prism FX Hydrating Lotion in Original (iridescent violet) (v)
- Nyx Bare With Me Tinted Skin Veil in Pale Light (very fair neutral to cool pink)(v)(PETA)
- First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer (PETA)
- Idun Minerals Len Tinted Moisturizing Day Cream in Extra Light (very fair neutral)(v)
- Nyx Away We Glow in Glow-tini (discontinued)(iridescent pink, like MAC Strobe Cream)(PETA)
- *Osmosis CC Color Correcting Cream in Porcelain (cool neutral undertone) (v)(LB)
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Face Illuminating Primer (blue-pink-violet iridescence) (PETA)
- Face Atelier Ultra Skin Foundation 1 (cool-light complexion neutral gold undertone)(v)(LB)(PETA)
- Thrive Causemetics Buildable Blur CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Fair (fair cool undertone) (v)(PETA)
* means PR sample
v means vegan
LB means Leaping Bunny Certified
PETA means PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies Program
Danessa Myricks Prism FX Hydrating Lotion
I personally am not a huge fan of how most tinted moisturizers feel on me. While I do have dry skin, I hate anything that doesn’t dry down. If it always feels wet, it inevitably comes off on my phone or people. No, just no. Not my taste.
Glowy primers, on the other hand, I’ve got grabby hands for! My ultimate favorite glowy primer is the Danessa Myricks Prism FX Hydrating Lotion in the Original shade. I love how this looks on me. Nyx Moonbeam and Milani Nude Glow are both gorgeous as well. All three of these glowy primers I will wear by themselves if I’m in the mood for it. The Elizabeth Mott Illuminating Primer is new for me but I may try it on a no-foundation day sometime to see if I like how it looks on its own.
I really despised the First Aid Beauty Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory on me. It just looks so strange and peachy and I never liked how it felt.
I find the Tarte and CoverGirl tinted moisturizers to not be to my taste. I don’t like how they feel or look after a full day’s wear on me. I’m on the fence about the Face Atelier. I love how it looks but I feel like it has terrible lasting power. The Thrive Causemetics CC Cream is much better than any of the others in this group.
Nyx Bare With Me, Idun Minerals Len, and Osmosis CC Cream are my favorites from the tinted moisturizers.
I really love the Milani Soft Focus Glow in Nude Glow, even if it is deeper in hue than I normally will wear. I like the light champagne beige glow it gives me. The Danessa Myricks Prism FX Hydrating Lotion is absolutely stunning. I’ve worn it on its own and think it looks amazing. I also love Nyx Moonbeam. It’s the depth that I wish the Milani came in.
If you are looking for the best indie vegan glowy primer, look no further than the Danessa Myricks Prism FX Hydrating Lotion. If you’re looking for a more budget friendly version, I highly recommend checking out either the Milani Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer or Nyx High Glass Face Primer. Have you tried any of the products I featured?
What are your favorite glowy primers and tinted moisturizers?